st: Extracting repetition number in simulate

From   Rachel <>
Subject   st: Extracting repetition number in simulate
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:13:33 -0500

Is there a way to display the repetition number in simulate as the
program is running (assuming the noisily option is specified)?  For
example, is there a way to have Stata display the number i as it is
running the ith repetition.  I realize that I could simply set this up
by using a dummy scalar i and iterating it within the program, but
that would necessitate setting it to zero before every run of
-simulate-.  I was wondering whether there is an easier way.