RE: st: RE: ologit data handling

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: ologit data handling
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:55:59 -0000

Dear Liren:

I think you have already had the same answer in different ways from
three
different people.

The answer is No.

The -ologit- command does not apply to your case, regardless of whether
you
consider your response to be ordered. You have various alternatives,
including taking the -ologit- code and modifying it for your problem,
although neither you nor anybody else has indicated how that could be
done;
looking for other models that can be fit within Stata; or using software
other than
Stata that may or may not apply to your problem. (Sorry, but I cannot
make
recommendations.)

Liren Zhou

What are you talking about? Yes, i know there are other
models(softwares) can handle the ordered dependent variable, now i want
to try ologit. clogit can not handle the ordered outcome. Can you tell
me with ologit apply my case? As for the multiple row, it is not
multiple records.  It is just multiple rows for each records.