Re: st: RE: ologit data handling

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: ologit data handling
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:58:48 +0000 (GMT)

--- Liren Zhou <[email protected]> wrote:
> I know in some other softwares the solution is to have
> multiple row for each observation and have an index varibale to
> indicate which alternative is available, I am just not clear how
> STATA handle this situation, especially for the ologit commant.

Again, you do not want ologit. There are many possible models possible
for an ordered dependent variable, ordered logistic regression is just
one of them. -ologit- does not apply in your case. The alternative
model you propose, with multiple records per observation, sounds like
-clogit- to me. See -help clogit-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam