Re: st: problem with mvprobit

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: problem with mvprobit
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:19:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- Georg Metzger <> wrote:
> The problem is following:
> I want to analyze the effect of experience and have three experience
> types, namely no experience, good experience and bad experience. The
> good experience variable is the mentioned variable that predicts the
> outcome perfectly. I think if I drop this variable it would bias the
> result concerning the bad experience measure since the basis category
> is not solely "no experience" anymore but "no experience and good
> experience", right?

Depends on your reference category, but if you chose "no experience" as
the reference, and also excluded "good experience" than that changes
the interpretation. I would not say it is biased, it now compares "bad
experience" versus "absence of bad experience", which can be
meaningfull too.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam