st: RE: xttrans

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xttrans
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:48:48 -0000

Show us

1. The _exact_ code used to generate lagstatus.

2. An example of discrepancies.

Anna Manzoni

I am using the xttrans command. I have a longitudinal data file with
status in each month for each respondent (12 months for each
respondent). I do not understand why using

xttrans status, i(pid) t(month)

doesn't give me exactly the same result as

ta status lagstatus, row

where status is the var indicating the status in each month (t) and
lagstatus is status at t-1.
What is xttrans actually doing?