st: simple programming question relating to lists

From   "Richard Boylan" <>
Subject   st: simple programming question relating to lists
Date   Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:49:55 -0600

I have a simple programming question; I am sure it is answered
someplace but I couldn't figure out the right keywords to search for
it (I tried for a while!)

Here is what I would like to do, but STATA does not let me do that.

*create dummy variable for variable yf
tab y, gen(yf)

*  figure out how many dummy variables I have created
local ny = r(r)

* Here is the step that does not work
* I would like to create a list including all the dummy variables I created

local vars "yf1-yf``ny' "