Re: st: simple programming question relating to lists

From   Philipp Rehm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: simple programming question relating to lists
Date   Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:06:55 -0500

How about this?

sysuse auto, clear
gen y=rep
tab y, gen(yf)
ds yf*
di "`r(varlist)'"

HTH,
Philipp

Richard Boylan wrote:
I have a simple programming question; I am sure it is answered
someplace but I couldn't figure out the right keywords to search for
it (I tried for a while!)

Here is what I would like to do, but STATA does not let me do that.

*create dummy variable for variable yf
tab y, gen(yf)

*  figure out how many dummy variables I have created
local ny = r(r)

* Here is the step that does not work
* I would like to create a list including all the dummy variables I created

local vars "yf1-yf``ny' "