st: PostgreSQL connection problems

From   "Kevin Christensen" <>
Subject   st: PostgreSQL connection problems
Date   Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:53:03 -0500

I am trying to connect to PostgreSQL via odbc.  I am able to connect
to the database server but can only access the tables in the "public"

odbc list

Data Source Name                   Driver
Visual FoxPro Database             Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver
Visual FoxPro Tables               Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver
dBase Files - Word                 Microsoft dBase VFP Driver (*.dbf)
FoxPro Files - Word                Microsoft FoxPro VFP Driver (*.dbf)
MS Access Database                 Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
Excel Files                        Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)
dBASE Files                        Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)
MQIS                               SQL Server
PostgreSQL30W                      PostgreSQL Unicode

. odbc query "PostgreSQL30W"

DataSource: PostgreSQL30W
Path      : XXX

After a little digging I found that the same issue occurs with SAS and
that it is a driver issue
(  Has
anyone else run across this problem in STATA?  If so, how did you
resolve it?

Back in August there was some discussion of developing a plugin for
postgresql (
 Assuming it is complete, would it resolve my issue?

Thanks in advance,

P.S.  I am running Win 2000, STATA 9, and Postgresql 8.2.