st: PostgreSQL plugin for Stata?

From   Dave Ewart <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: PostgreSQL plugin for Stata?
Date   Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:01:16 +0100

My colleague and I are considering writing a PostgreSQL plugin, in C,
for Stata, in order to improve data load speeds when loading large
datasets from PostgreSQL to Stata via ODBC.

Before embarking on what may be quite a large job, I thought I'd check
to see whether anyone has already done this?  We'd plan to follow the
guidelines at
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/plugin_database.html but make use
of the PostgreSQL libraries, rather than MySQL.

Has anyone done this already?

We plan to make the code of the plugin available when completed, of
course.

Thanks,

Dave.

--