Re: st: scale errors in kdensity

From   Partha Deb <>
Subject   Re: st: scale errors in kdensity
Date   Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:55:29 -0500

Densities are not probabilities - they can exceed one. To confirm this, plug in some values into the normal density formula with small values of sigma.

Hope this helps.

Partha wrote:

I met a strange problem when using kdensity and hope someone could help me.
Thanks in advance.

When i use kdensity to draw density graph of my data, the scale of the
probablity excees one.  Is this the problem of the command or anything?

Yue Li
*   For searches and help try:
Partha Deb
Department of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley