Re: st: Size of graph window

From   [email protected] (James Hassell, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Size of graph window
Date   Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:56:03 -0600

Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]> has pointed out that in Stata 10
for Windows, the graph window is no longer constrained to the graph. This
is true. We changed the behavior so that we could tab multiple graphs
into a single graph window. Constraining was removed because each graph
that belongs to a graph window will not necessarily have the same aspect
ratio or size.

Because of this, constraining will not be added back to Stata 10 for
Windows.  Friedrich pointed out that it can be difficult to determine
the real border of the graph when the graph region (background color)
is white; the background color of the window is also white.  To address
this issue we will change the background color of the window in a future
update to something less common.  A likely choice is some shade of
gray.

If you are interested in tabbing multiple graphs into a single graph window,
you must be using Stata 10 on Microsoft Windows and you must enable the
feature under the graph preferences dialog.  Alternatively type
-set autotabgraphs on- in the command window.  Once the preference is
enabled, multiple graphs can be tabbed into a single window by naming
the graph when it is created. See below:

	. sysuse auto
	. scatter mpg weight, name(gr_one)
	. scatter mpg weight, mcolor(red) name(gr_two)

-- James