st: Size of graph window

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Size of graph window
Date   Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:31:53 -0500

In Stata 10 the size of the graph window is not automatically adjusted
to fit the graph that has been drawn. Does Stata have a setting to
change this behavior? In Stata 9 the size of the graph window always
matches the displayed graph.

Let me describe in more detail what I mean. First, create a graph in Stata 10.

. sysuse auto
. set scheme s2color
. scatter mpg weight

Now resize the graph window so that there is some white space between
the graph and the border of the graph window. Close the graph window
and draw another graph.

. scatter mpg weight

The new window has the same size and shape as the last graph window.
The size of the graph window remains the same, even when Stata is
closed and restarted. Specifying a graph size has no effect on the
size of the graph window.

scatter mpg weight, xsize(4) ysize(4)

I prefer the way Stata 9 automatically adjusts the size of the graph
window and I would like to have the same behavior in Stata 10. The
reason is that I usually use a scheme without a background color. If
there is additional white space between the graph and the border of
the graph window it is sometimes difficult to verify if the graph has
the look and dimensions that I expected.

Thanks,

Friedrich