Re: st: RE: graph plot region size control

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: graph plot region size control
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:37:33 +0000 (GMT)

--- Laura Gibbons <> wrote:
> Unfortunately my graphs are more complicated than the bar graphs in
> the original post, so by() isn't an alternative.  But if I could
> control the  size of the plot region, I'd be home.  It looks like I
> need to settle for  uneven plot region sizes or use a different
> graphing program, and neither  option is appealing.

I can tell from experience that a surprising lot can be done with
-by()-, even in very very complicated graphs (though you may need to
use some tricks). So my gues is that you can do this with -by()- and
thus save you a lot of trouble. If you don't tell us in what way your
graphs are so complicated I cannot give you more advise than this very
vague encouragement to have another good look at the by option.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081