st: question about coefficient testing with xtgee

From   "Ed Levitas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: question about coefficient testing with xtgee
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:32:10 -0600

Statalisters,

I am trying to perform estimations using XTGEE ( family(normal), link(identity), corr (ar1)) and want to compare restricted vs. unrestricted models. Hardin & Hilbe (2003; 169-174) discuss Wald, na�ve likelihood ratio, and score tests.  From their discussion, I believe I can use these tests to compare, for example, a main effects model vs. a main effects plus interaction model.  However, I cannot figure out how to construct these three types of tests using STATA. Can someone offer suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Ed

Edward Levitas, PhD
Associate Professor