st: regress with 4000 x's is very slow

From   "Richard Boylan" <>
Subject   st: regress with 4000 x's is very slow
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:20:18 -0600

I am running regress with 4000 x's and it is very slow (if it gives me
an answer at all).

I was wondering if there are any tricks that one can use to help
getting the estimates.

The reason why I have so many x's, is that I am estimating a two-stage
procedure and I need all the coefficients of the first stage to
compute the Murphy-Topel standard errors.
For this reason, I end up having to estimate all the fixed effects as
dummy variables.