st: QIC Program question to assess fit in xtgee

From   "Ed Levitas" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: QIC Program question to assess fit in xtgee
Date   Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:06:28 -0500

I am attempting to use the QIC program (Stata journal v 7 #2) to assess
the fit of various models estimated via XTGEE.  However, no fit
statistics are produced after running this program.  I only receive the
following error.

p ambiguous abbreviation

As a test, I eliminated all variables in my model containing a "p" but
still receive the same error.  Does this "p" refer to the "number of
parameters" scalar?

Can anyone suggest some possible remedies for the error?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Levitas, PhD
Associate Professor
Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business