Re: st: Log file named as do file

From   n j cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Log file named as do file
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:04:30 +0000

Something similar was asked recently on
the list, if I recall correctly.

There could be many .do files running
simultaneously, so I don't know how such
a macro would be defined.

You can do this just by another .do file:

log using `1'.log
do `1'
log close

. do master oct31

More elaborate solutions almost certainly exist.
It can be advantageous to program exactly what _you_ want.

I'd like to be able to create log files with the same name as the do file
which has opened them.  Is there a macro which stores the name of the
current do file that is running?