st: pwd and graph use bug

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: pwd and graph use bug
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:13:22 -0500

I have found out the hard way, that if I open a graph file using the Apple OS X Finder, my pwd is changed without my being told. If I use the same graph file but issuing my command from inside Stata, then my pwd is unchanged. This is inconsistent and made me generate two sets of files in different directories that caused me some headache. If we could fix this that would be great. Below the results illustrate the problem. The first use of graph use is echoed from Finder actions, the second is issuing a command at the Stata command line.

Thanks,

-Dave

. pwd

/Users/dairey/Desktop/cec_poster/

. graph use "/Users/dairey/Desktop/cec_poster/graphs_to_poster/ cells.gph"

. pwd
/Users/dairey/Desktop/cec_poster/graphs_to_poster/

. cd ..

--
David C. Airey, Ph.D.
Pharmacology Research Assistant Professor

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/