st: RE: Stimeofday command problem

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Stimeofday command problem
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:04:03 +0100

If you are using Stata 10, use the date and time functions instead.

Otherwise my recollection of this user-written command is that you need
to specify explicitly that . act as punctuation. Also you need to start
with values like 14.41.37 as strings, in which case you probably want

Paola Paiardini

I am a neophyte of Stata.
I have a time variable in my database "time", which takes for example
the value 14.41.37, that is hours, minutes and seconds, but Stata
change it in .61223382.
I red about the stimeofday command and I tried to use it, typing  this

stimeofday time, gen(hours) n(s) s(h m s) timeonly am(" am") pm(" pm")

but the output is:

(1436t missing values generated)
type mismatch