Re: st: problem with .png graph export in Stata 10

Subject   Re: st: problem with .png graph export in Stata 10
Date   Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:40:12 -0400

..
Thanks for the advice. They say they have updated their Stata. Unlike in your examples, the width and height options are not specified in the export command (no options are specified). Do they have an impact on this problem?

Thanks,

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: st: problem with .png graph export in Stata 10

Michael,

I have Stata/SE 10 for Windows and cannot reproduce the behavior you observed.

sysuse auto
scatter mpg weight
graph export test.png, width(1650) height(1200)
graph export test2.png, width(600) height(400)

Is your colleague's Stata fully updated? The initial release of Stata
10 had a bug in export to PNG format when the width or height options
were specified. This bug was fixed with the update of July 25.

Friedrich