Re: Re: st: consecutive observation - incomplete panel data (help)

From   n j cox <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: consecutive observation - incomplete panel data (help)
Date   Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:24:39 +0100

Maarten, and also Sebastian Buechte, are correct.
Alfred has a spell problem.

Given three variables, a simpler condition than any
mentioned that all are non-missing is

!missing(var1, var2, var3)

Thus Alfred should look for spells defined by
that condition.

Alfred Blair

Dear Marteen, thank you for your suggestion, but it seems it doesn't help me. The link provides useful tricks, but my problem is quite different. I mean: starting from a large but incomplete database (three variables, from 1980 to 1998), I simply need to restrict my analysis to individuals (my units) that have
no missing data (on my three variables) for at least five
consecutive years. Until now I haven't found how to get this selection in Stata, and I still hope that you or someone else will help me (an example with a basic dataset would be a big hand).

Maarten Buis

You can find a lot of useful tricks in:

and in the Stata Journal article it refers to.

* For searches and help try: