st: -qvf- : endogeneity and negative binomial model

From   Justina Fischer <>
Subject   st: -qvf- : endogeneity and negative binomial model
Date   Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:23:12 +0200

in a previous threat (e.g. by Vince Wiggins)  the applicability of -qvf- to an endogenous variable in a probit model was discussed. The conclusion was that it should not be applied to cases of reverse causality, but well to cases of measurement errors.

Is this also the cause for a negative binomial model, in which I case I would then resort to ivtobit and ivreg2 ?

Dr. Justina A.V. Fischer, M.A.
University of St. Gallen
CH-9000 St. Gallen