Re: st: weighted scatter / different label size

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: weighted scatter / different label size
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:24:02 +0100 (BST)

--- n j cox <> wrote:
> Maarten Buis has posted a method which appears
> to make you happy. That's good.

I agree

> I want to make you unhappy again, or rather uneasy.

Let me add to the unhappyness/uneasyness: Another issue here is that
some labels can consist primarily of "wide" letters like m, or w or
long letters like k or h, while others labels can can have more "small"
letters like i. So even if they have the same -mlabsize()- they may
look like they are different.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam