From   "Christine E. Leonard" <lchristine5@comcast.net>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: SAS SAS7BDAT file into Stata9
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:52:47 -0400

Stat Transfer doesn't support enrypted or compressed SAS files.
So you have to ask someone with SAS to provide the correct format, if not
the original creator of the file, then perhaps a friend/colleague with
access to SAS.  Not exactly a technical solution, but a perfectly workable
one.
Christine Leonard

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of sdm1@york.ac.uk
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 9:28 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: RE: st: SAS SAS7BDAT file into Stata9

Sorry, I should have been more precise: I can't get StatTransfer7 to read
the .sas7bdat file.

StatTransfer7 will accept either (a) SAS files for unix (*.sas7*) or (b) SAS
transport files (*.TPT, *.XPT).  Although the SAS file that I am trying to
convert has a .SAS7* extension, StatTransfer says that it cannot read the
file because it is compressed.

Steve