st: RE: allocating more memory in stata 10

From   Spörri-Fahrni Adrian <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: allocating more memory in stata 10
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:35:16 +0200

Hi Denice

Could it be that you get an error message like "the hotfix language does not correspond to your installed XP language"? I couldn't install this hotfix either and had to contact Microsoft directly (hint of Stata tech-support) to receive a hotfix version in my XP language - and then it worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Denice Cavero
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:49 AM
Subject: st: allocating more memory in stata 10

Hi all,

I need to work with large datasets (1.5 gb) and I have problems setting more memory in stata 10: the op. sys refuses to give me more than 1.2 Giga, despite the fact that I have 3,070 Mb of Ram memory installed in my computer.  (I am using a Pentium D processor and Windows XP Professional -Service Pack2)

I have already tried with the proposed solution in the web:, using the patch 894472, but it doesn´t work,

I even tried running stata in safe mode, but the maximum memory allowed was the
same: 1.2 gb

Any suggestion would be really appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Si desea recibir, semanalmente, el Boletín Electrónico de la PUCP, ingrese a: