st: allocating more memory in stata 10

From   Denice Cavero <>
Subject   st: allocating more memory in stata 10
Date   Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:48:44 -0500 (PET)

Hi all,

I need to work with large datasets (1.5 gb) and I have problems setting more memory in stata 10: the op. sys refuses to give me more than 1.2 Giga, despite the fact that I have 3,070 Mb of Ram memory installed in my computer. (I am using a Pentium D processor and Windows XP Professional –Service Pack2)

I have already tried with the proposed solution in the web:, using the patch 894472, but it doesn´t work,

I even tried running stata in safe mode, but the maximum memory allowed was the same: 1.2 gb

Any suggestion would be really appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Si desea recibir, semanalmente, el Boletín Electrónico de la PUCP, ingrese a:

* For searches and help try: