Re: st: question about weights in histograms

From   Steven Joel Hirsch Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: question about weights in histograms
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:16:46 -0400

Round the weights to the nearest integer and use these as frequency weights. -histogram- is not a survey command and so is unaffected by -svyset-. The results will be nearly identical to what you would get if you estimated the per cent in each category using -svy: proportion-. By the way, in most complex surveys the weights have been trimmed to reduce total error: bias^2 + se^2. So you cannot expect 'unbiased' estimates even with the original weights.