st: question about weights in histograms

From   "Scott Cunningham" <>
Subject   st: question about weights in histograms
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:02:38 -0500

I am using 5% Census and March CPS data (United States) to construct
histograms.  These data include probability weights.  I know that
histogram can adjust for frequency weights, but apparently not
explicitly for probability weights that are not integers.  If I
-svyset- the data using the perweight, will -histogram- construct
unbiased estimates of the population?  Here is my code

. svyset [perweight=perwt]
. histogram tax, by(white, col(1)) percent

where "tax" is an income tax variable, and the data is
individual-level for the March CPS.  For the Census, I use a different
variable isntead of "tax" and the data is household-level instead.