Re: st: ml within ml?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: ml within ml?
Date   Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:51:59 +0100 (BST)

--- Timothy Dang <> wrote:
> I'm trying to use -dirifit- within a d0 -ml- evaluation program. At
> the end of the function when I try to use -mlsum-, I get the message
> "ml model not found".
> I'm thinking that using -dirifit- has made Stata forget about the
> original ml model which called the evaluator in the first place? Does
> this sound correct?

This sounds like a reasonable explanation.

> And if so, is there a way to recall that information?

I have done something like that recently in -procnsreg- (downloadable
from ssc), and I ended up doing the maximization in a -while- loop. I
gave a brief discussion of that at the last UK Stata Users Group
Meeting, and you can look inside the code of -propcnsreg- for an

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081