Re: st: Simple tab needed but multiple records

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Simple tab needed but multiple records
Date   Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:23:20 +0100 (BST)

--- Joseph Wagner <> wrote:
> I have a dataset of x-ray records with multiple records per patient.
> The records consist of id, age, and sex and I need to know how many
> persons had an x-ray when they were between the age of 17 and 25
> AND when when they were over 30.  My attempts have been crude and I
> know there has to be a simple yet elegent way to do this.

This kind of problem usually becomes a lot easier when you first use
-reshape- to put the data into wide format.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081