RE: st: -estout- and ebsd

From   "Carter Rees" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: -estout- and ebsd
Date   Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:11:14 -0400

The command I am using is svy subpop(): nbreg, so yes the subpop option is
specified for my model.  Your response seems to indicate that my survey
design is correctly taken into account by -estadd- ebsd option (correct?).
Thus, maybe -listcoef- isn't recognizing the survey design.  (I had no real
reason to assume that -listcoef- was correct vs. -estadd-).  I am going to
compare results between the two using your code below and will post a brief
summary of findings.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Ben Jann
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: st: -estout- and ebsd

I don't know about -listcoef-, but -estadd ebsd- computes the sd using
-summarize- on the observations identified by e(sample) (and e(subpop)
if defined), and applying the appropriate weights. Did you use the
-subpop()- option in your models? This might explain the difference.

If you want tabulate results from listcoef, then do something like the

. nbreg ...
. listcoef, matrix  //-matrix- saves results in r(); type -return
list- for details
. matrix b_facts = r(b_facts)
. estadd matrix b_facts = b_facts
. estout ., cell(b b_facts) style(smcl)

PS: A set of -estadd- commands to support the -spost- package is in