Re: Random number routines [was: st: Simple Question - Use of rndbin]

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Random number routines [was: st: Simple Question - Use of rndbin]
Date   Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:03:32 +0100

Nick Cox replied to Tiago Pereira:

[...]

> -rndbin- is a program written by Joe Hilbe, published in the -rnd-
> package (as we now say) in STB-28 in 1995 and revised in STB-41 in
> 1998 and also accessible from SSC, as -findit rndbin- will show.
> W. Linde-Zwirble is also credited as joint author of this package.
> Joe is, at least intermittently, a member of Statalist, but my
> Statascope or iStata indicates that he may be travelling, en route
> to the Italian Stata Users Group meeting next week.

[...]

Statascope? iStata? Are there new Stata gizmos that us mere mortals
are not aware of? I don't see any of this mentioned on the website.
Perhaps only those who visit HQ at College Station get to use and
acquire it. ;)

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Thanks!]

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
-- Winston Churchill