Re: st: vwls

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: vwls
Date   Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:06:17 -0400

Ali Khashan <>:

[R] vwls gives
Grizzle J E, Starmer C F & Koch G G. 1969. "Analysis of categorical
data by linear models." Biometrics 25:489-504.
as the reference.

I believe this model is a special case of meta-analytic regression (FE
metareg) and also a special case of GMM (with a potentially suboptimal
weighting matrix).  I would recommend you read the GMM exposition in
and use -ivreg2- instead.