Re: st: how to generate sum of distinct id1, by id2, in the last n years

Subject   Re: st: how to generate sum of distinct id1, by id2, in the last n years
Date   Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:06:42 -0400

Pierre Azoulay <[email protected]>:
The language setting up the problem seems perversely unclear: "create
a variable that records the sum of distinct [id values] in the last 3
years" does not seem what you want at all, though a sum can help you
get what you want, if you want the number of distinct values of id
across years t, t-1, and t-2 saved in a new variable at t, like so:

clear
input star_id  id  year nbpapers
         1     2   1972    1
         1     2   1973    0