st: RE: Updating stata 10 but getting error r(608)

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Updating stata 10 but getting error r(608)
Date   Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:18:02 -0400

The explanation of the error is:

r(608) There are files (or directories) in your Stata installation directory that are marked as read-only by the operating system.
You will need to change the permissions on these files.

Apparently, something Stata thinks it should delete or overwrite has been marked read-only; you need to fix.

-----------------------------------
Thomas J. Steichen
[email protected]
-----------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Patrick Musonda
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 3:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Updating stata 10 but getting error r(608)

Dear Stata list,

I have recently installed stata on my windows vista lap-top which seems to
be running okay. But when I try to update it, it goes on through checking
all the new intallations availlable, but before finishing, it comes up with
error r(608), and I am unable to finish up-dating. Is there a way of
overcoming this problem?

Best wishes,

Patrick

Got a favourite clothes shop, bar or restaurant? Share your local knowledge
http://www.backofmyhand.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
unlawful.