Re: st: To STATA experts - BOOK

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: To STATA experts - BOOK
Date   Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:38:01 +0200

Tiago wrote (among other things):

... current available books on Stata are insufficient for
non-statisticians researchers.

... I just wanna a bible "stata for dummies", where I can
get an answer to [wtf does "floating-point variable" mean?]
without needing to spend 120 hours of intro to programming.

... there are a lot of researchers from Medical Sciences
wanting to use a more sophisticated software, and most of
them are non-native English speakers.

... fail to cover all topics we need currently, particularly
topics related to those with a background in Medicine.

Actually the intent with my book "An Introduction to Stata for
Health Researchers", http://www.stata-press.com/books/ishr.html,
is pretty close to what Tiago is asking for. Obviously, it is
not possible to answer in advance any conceivable question,
but the user wondering about the meaning of "floating point
variable" could look in chapter 5, "Variables", and find the
answer within a minute or so.

Hope this is useful.

Svend

Svend Juul