st: Clarify and dummies generated by xi

From   "Chris O'Keefe" <[email protected]>
To   "Stata list" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Clarify and dummies generated by xi
Date   Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:43:56 -0700

Hello statalisters-
I've run into a problem using clarify on a multiply imputed dataset.
I want to run my base model  with a dummy for each year, then a model
with dummies for year and country.  To run the first model, I used
mido xi (before running my model) to generate sets of dummy variables
(21 total).  Then I attempted to use estsimp [oprobit (various
variables) _Iyear*].  However, stata gives this error message:

Stata has dropped one of your independent variables.
Please re-specify your model and try again.
r(198);

I've checked and it's definitely a problem with the _Iyear* variables.
 It actually works ok with the country dummies (there are 58 of
these).  Does anybody have any insight they could offer?

Thanks,
Chris