Re: st: Incorporating variable labels into the variable name

Subject   Re: st: Incorporating variable labels into the variable name
Date   Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:49:00 -0400

Note that I had already posted code to solve this problem back on Sep 7. . Here it is again:

insheet using myfile.csv, nonames
foreach var of varlist _all {
local vname=`var'[1]
local date=date("`vname'","mdy")
if "`date'"!="." {
local year=year(`date')
local monthday:di %dmd `date'
local vname= "rev_"+trim("`monthday'")+"_"+trim("`year'")
}
rename `var' `vname'
}

drop in 1
destring rev_*, replace

Is there some reason you think it doesn't work?

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Elliott" <[email protected]>