Re: st: Overidentification

Subject   Re: st: Overidentification
Date   Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:12:14 -0400

If I am reading your question right, you want a test of instrument
redundancy for an excluded instrument you are considering adding to
the model, not an overID test.  The help file for -ivreg2- illustrates
one thus:

use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/wooldridge/mroz.dta
ssc inst ivreg2, replace
ssc inst ranktest, replace
ivreg2 lwage exper expersq (educ=age kidslt6 kidsge6), robust redundant(age)