st: use of a2reg

Subject   st: use of a2reg
Date   Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:30:46 +0200

In many examples which I found on the web using SAS or Stata, the student-level outcome is predicted using student-level and school-level covariates.
Is it insane to ask Stata, e.g. to predict school-level number of students passing the math exam (or their percentage on the number of enrolled students) using information about gender and socio-economic status?
Can -a2reg- (from be the solution to my problem?