RE: st: P-value

From   "" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: P-value
Date   Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:12:11 +0200

Hi Maarten,

Yes it does. Thank you!

Kind regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Maarten buis
Sent: dinsdag 4 september 2007 15:41
Subject: Re: st: P-value

--- "" <> wrote:
> My question concerns the "Prob > chi2 = 0.0146" part in the header;
> can someone tell my how to interpret this statistic?

This is a likelihood ratio test of the null hypothesis that all coefficients except the constant are simultaneously zero. In your case you have only one variable, so this p-value should be close to the p-value in the column p>|z|, but it does not have to be exactly the same, as the p-value in that column results from a Wald test.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Department of Social Research Methodology Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715