Re: st: P-value

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: P-value
Date   Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:41:19 +0100 (BST)

--- "" <> wrote:
> My question concerns the "Prob > chi2 = 0.0146" part in the header;
> can someone tell my how to interpret this statistic?

This is a likelihood ratio test of the null hypothesis that all
coefficients except the constant are simultaneously zero. In your case
you have only one variable, so this p-value should be close to the
p-value in the column p>|z|, but it does not have to be exactly the
same, as the p-value in that column results from a Wald test.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081