st: RE: RE: Re: sjlatex / Stata 10

From   "Martyn Sherriff" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: sjlatex / Stata 10
Date   Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:05:55 +0100

	Many thanks for that. I will just stop using the style sheets for a
while and wait for the repository to get back into synch.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Jesper Kjr
Sent: 01 September 2007 22:18
Subject: st: RE: Re: sjlatex / Stata 10

Hi Martyn,

On 2007/08/31 Martyn Sherriff wrote:
> When I try to install sjlatex I get the following error message:
> . sjlatex install using "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.6\tex\latex\sjlatex"
> Installing Stata Journal LaTeX files...
> could not copy the files to C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.6\tex\latex\sjlatex
> One or more files in this directory is in conflict with the
> Stata Journal
> LaTeX files.  Consider supplying an alternate directory or
> type -sjlatex update using C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.6\tex\latex\sjlatex-.
> r(601);

> Could somebody tell what files are likely to be in conflict
> as the sjlatex
> directory is empty. I am running Stata 10, XP SP2 and MikTex 2.6.

I did a little research, since I had to update my sjlatex
files as well, following a reinstall.

-sjlatex install- simply downloads the ancillary files listed
in the sjlatex package @
and put them in a directory of your choice.

Trying to download the ancillary files manually...

. net from
. net get sjlatex
checking sjlatex consistency and verifying not already installed...
file not found
server says file temporarily redirected to
could not copy
(no action taken)

... will tell you that at least one file (main.bib) is missing
from the online repository - or should not have been listed in
the sjlatex.pkg file as downloadable. This is why -sjlatex install-
fails with a less than informative error message.

I guess that the maintainers of
should get the online repository back in synch.

-- Jesper Kjr Hansen