st: RE: Re: sjlatex / Stata 10

From   Jesper Kj�r Hansen <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: sjlatex / Stata 10
Date   Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:17:50 +0200

Hi Martyn,

On 2007/08/31 Martyn Sherriff wrote:
> When I try to install sjlatex I get the following error message:
>
> . sjlatex install using "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.6\tex\latex\sjlatex"
> Installing Stata Journal LaTeX files...
> could not copy the files to C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.6\tex\latex\sjlatex
> One or more files in this directory is in conflict with the
> Stata Journal
> LaTeX files.  Consider supplying an alternate directory or
> type -sjlatex update using C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.6\tex\latex\sjlatex-.
> r(601);

<snip>

> Could somebody tell what files are likely to be in conflict
> as the sjlatex
> directory is empty. I am running Stata 10, XP SP2 and MikTex 2.6.

I did a little research, since I had to update my sjlatex
files as well, following a reinstall.

-sjlatex install- simply downloads the ancillary files listed
in the sjlatex package @ http://www.stata-journal.com/production/
and put them in a directory of your choice.

Trying to download the ancillary files manually...

. net from http://www.stata-journal.com/production/
<snip>
. net get sjlatex
checking sjlatex consistency and verifying not already installed...
file http://www.stata-journal.com/production/sjlatex/main.bib not found
server says file temporarily redirected to
http://www.stata-journal.com/error/404.html
could not copy http://www.stata-journal.com/production/sjlatex/main.bib
(no action taken)
r(601);

... will tell you that at least one file (main.bib) is missing
from the online repository - or should not have been listed in
the sjlatex.pkg file as downloadable. This is why -sjlatex install-
fails with a less than informative error message.

I guess that the maintainers of http://www.stata-journal.com/
should get the online repository back in synch.

-- Jesper Kj�r Hansen
mailto:[email protected]