st: Data conversion from plot level to household level

From   Sridhar Thapa <>
Subject   st: Data conversion from plot level to household level
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2007 02:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist members
I have confronted with problems of managing data set.
I have a large set of data from Living Standard
Measure Surveys. I want to construct data  at
household level from plot level and individual level.
I was thinking to do it manually but it is highly time
consuming because of large data set. I did not see any
command to manage it at household level. Could anyone
give me some ideas how to manage it? I would be
indebted with you. Thanking you in advance.
Data set like this(HH is the identifier for household
HH   Plotno      Crop	labour male  labour female
01	1	Paddy	30mandays	35
01	2	Maize	20	        22
01	3	wheat	12	        16
02	1	Paddy	16	        28
02	2	maize	15	        18
 I intend to convert these plot level data as an
aggregate household level data set

Sridhar Thapa
University of Tuscia