st: RE: Maximum number of options in graph line

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Maximum number of options in graph line
Date   Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:28:47 +0200

--- Davide Cantoni wrote:
 [Interpretation: I want one line graph to be bold and thick, and all
other 65 comparison units to be very thin and grey. The numbers after
/// just help me keeping track of the number of plots]

Making many thin grey lines can be done in one -twoway line- graph if
you use the -connect(L)- option. This way you can bypass any problems
with the maximum length of a command, and save you a lot of typing
(and thus possibilities of typos). See the example below:

*------------- begin example -------------
use, clear
bys week: egen m = mean(weight)
sort id week
twoway line weight week, connect(L) color(gs10) || /*
    */ line m week, connect(L) lpattern(solid)
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081