Re: st: RE: Extracting Matrices from dataset

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Extracting Matrices from dataset
Date   Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:54:36 +0100 (BST)

--- Nadeem Shafique <> wrote:
> Sir you are absolutely right that if a command already exist then
> there is no need for this work. But sir my problem is bit different i
> wish to develop a program that perform MANOVA when raw data is not
> available, only mean vectors and Variance-Covariance matrices are
> given. I hope now can you understand my problem.

The logical syntax for such a command would involve adding the mean
vector and variance covariance matrix as Stata matrices. As these two
are the sufficient statistics of a MANOVA, you won't need to let mata
interact with the Stata data.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam