Re: st: Does a do file know its own name?

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: Does a do file know its own name?
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:17:30 -0400

As far as I know, no.  This would be a natural addition though, and I
have heard at least one request for this at Users Group meeting.

  creturn list
to see where a section on "Currently running" or somesuch would be
natural, with perhaps:
            c(dofilename) = ""
            c(dofilepath) = ""
            c(adofilename) = ""
            c(adofilepath) = ""

One workaround for do-files is to create your own versions of -do- and
-run- (renamed appropriately) that create the log file and then -do-
or -run- the do-file.  Another option is to use batch-mode processing
which creates a do-file of the same name by default, and also runs a
whole lot faster.