Re: st: Frustrating problem with Stata 10 graph editor

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <>
Subject   Re: st: Frustrating problem with Stata 10 graph editor
Date   Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:35:58 -0400

Dear Mr. Wolfe,

I don't know if this helps, but try this:

there is a file in ADO\BASE\_ that is called _fr_runlog.ado
Back-up this file to a safe place and then edit it to have compound
quotes (`" "' instead of " ") everywhere in that file. For some reason
this file quotes the strings in regular quotes. I had other troubles
because of this, but I had no permission to change the system file, so
had to find a workaround.

A question to Stata, Corp. Was it intended to be single quotes in that
file, or could it be compound quotes in the next version?

I am not sure if this will fix your problem, Mr. Wolfe, but if it
fails, I guess you can open the .gph file in any HEX editor and
replace the % sign to any "safe" symbol manually, and then try to read
the file again.

I would also recommend to restore the modified _fr_runlog.ado after
you are done.

Best regards, Sergiy