Re: st: Creating new graph properties dynamically

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Creating new graph properties dynamically
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:37:31 +0100 (BST)

--- "Sergiy R." <> wrote:
> I need to create a new graph with a custom property field.
> I can do it after the graph is plotted, by typing:
> .Graph.Declare string MyField="MyValue"
> But I need to do this during the construction of the graph object.
> (the resulting class must belong to the twoway family of graphs).
> I am aware of -twoway sunflower-, -twoway estfit- and Vince Wiggins'
> 2004 graphics talk examples. These however seem to be insufficient to
> resolve my question. I would appreciate if more custom graphics
> commands are pointed to me as examples.

I am not sure what you mean with a "custom property field". However you
seem to look for other user written twoway graph commands, to use as
examples. Nick Cox has written a number twoway graph commands. A list
can be found in -njc_stuff- downloadable from -ssc-

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081